School of Distance Education, Universiti Sains Malaysia (SDE-USM), has planned and provided various programmes and training activities for the community to join from all ages without considering gender, races, and religion. The programmes and activities are as follows:
- Continuous Education Course ( online, long term- coming soon)
- Continuous Education Course ( online, 22 short courses – intake for Jun/Julai 2017 open now)
- Workshop training/short course (face-to-face)
- Motivation Seminar (face-to-face for students)
- Other courses or workshop is based on demand(F2F, on-demand)
Objectives Continuing Education SDE-USM
Among the objectives of offering this course are:
- Providing an innovative course through distance education by using self-learning materials and ICT without the need of face-to-face meeting.
- Providing a suitable course as the purpose of increasing knowledge and skills in various fields including Management, Language, Science & Technology, Literature, Social Science, Environment, and Education.
- Providing an opportunity for SPM leavers to increase the value of their SPM certificate for the purpose of obtaining a career.
- To increase skills and knowledge for those who have career to continue in self-development.
- Providing a suitable course with expertise existing in SDE-USM with minimum cost and a short period of learning.
- Supporting the lifelong education policy for the community.
THE 3RD SHIFT OF MALAYSIAN EDUCATION BLUEPRINT 2015-2025 (HIGHER EDUCATION) : VALUEING LIFELONG EDUCATION
Lifelong learning (LLL) enables Malaysian to acquire knowledge and skills which suitable for high-income economy models. LLL is capable in shaping the individual's potential through various skill-building opportunities, fostering interest, and inculcating talent for a more meaningful life. Through LLL, education is not limited to the young ages, but have to be extended to lifelong.
Learn more about the Lifelong Education agenda in official website : http://www.mohe.gov.my/portalpsh/