Dr. George Teoh Boon Sai
Dr. George Teoh Boon Sai
Phone : 04-6532275
Faks : 04-6576000
Email : email@example.com
TESL, Distance Education, Health and Fitness
- Ph.D. (Educational Psychology) 2008, University of Cambridge United Kingdom
- Master of Arts (Linguistics) 2000, Universiti Sains Malaysia
- B.A. (Hons.) 1995, Universiti Sains Malaysia
- Sijil Perguruan Asas (TESL), Maktab Perguruan Kuala Terengganu, Terengganu, Malaysia (4.5.1981-31.3.1984).
Key Research Area:
- Distance Education
- Health and Fitness
SELECTED JOURNAL ARTICLES
- Teoh, G.B.S., Liau, A.W.L & Belaja, K., Five institutional reasons adult distance learners find it difficult to learn the English language via distance education, Malaysian Journal of Distance Education, Vol. 12, No. 2, 2010, pp. 15-31 (16).
- Teoh, G.B.S., Liau. A.W.L., Emotional Intelligence of Distance Learners at the School of Distance Education, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysian Journal of Distance Education, 2011, 33-48 (16)
- Belaja, K Teoh G.B.S & Liau, A.W.L., Effects of Lecturer's Transactional Presence towards Learners' Intrinsic Motivation in Learning English as a Second Language through Distance Education, Malaysian Journal of Distance Education, 2012, 14, pp. 77-97 (21).
SELECTED BOOK CHAPTERS
- See, C. M., Abdullah, M.N.L., Teoh, G.B.S., Yaacob, N.R.Y, 2011, Profiles of an Accelerated Programme for Excellence (APEX) University Community: Personality Traits and Psychosocial Behaviour, Beru Publication Research Unit(UPPA) School of Educational Studies, Beru Publication Basic Education Research Unit(UPPA).
- Teoh, G.B.S., Liau, A.W.L., & Bayanuddin, N.A., Health Awareness at the Workplace: A Staff Fitness Programme at Universiti Sains Malaysia, Selected Issues On Health and Environment, Penerbit Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris, Perak, 2013, 55-67 (13)
- Liau, K.F.A., Liau, A.W.L., Teoh, G.B.S. & Liau, T.L.M., 2001, “Emotional Literacy: A Conceptualisation Based On The Pedagogy Of Multiliteracies”, Common Ground Publishing, pp. 145-159. (15)- in Literacy Matters: Issues for New Times, Mary Kalantzis & Ambigapathy Pandian (Eds. ), 2001, Victoria, Australia : Common Ground Publishing.
- JUE 100 Preparatory English (for academic year 2015/2016)
- JUJ 103 Pendidikan Jarak Jauh dan Literasi Komputer (for academic year 2015/2016)
- Agelyia Murugan - Effectiveness of the Proposed Mobile Learning Application in Improving Students' English Proficiency Skills: A case study at University Teknologi Mara Pulau Pinang English Language classes (In Progress). (Main Supervisor)
- Amalorpavamary A/P Vairappan - Using KCE Questioning Model in Eliciting Critical Responses the Literature Classroom (Graduated 2015). (Main Supervisor)
- Wen Zinan - Investigating EFL Students’ Perceptions of ICT-based teaching and their Achievement in College English Course in Hebei University (Graduated 2012). (Main Supervisor)
- Reviewer, Malaysian Journal of Distance Education
- Reviewer, The Malaysian Journal of ELT Research