Dr. Sumiyyah Binti Sabar
Scopus Author ID: https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?authorId=6506359391#
Google Scholar Citations: https://scholar.google.com.my/citations?user=wxyWkjwAAAAJ&hl=en
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-8925-5610
Organic Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Green Chemistry, Material Chemistry
• Ph.D. (Photocatalysis) 2013, Universiti Sains Malaysia
• B.Sc. (Analytical and Environmental Chemistry) 2007, Universiti Malaysia Terengganu
1. Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Chemistry, National University of Singapore, Singapore (1/10/2018 - 30/9/2019)
2. Visiting Researcher at the University of Lorraine (UL), France (21/08/2017 - 31/08/2017)
3. Senior Lecturer, School of Distance Education, Universiti Sains Malaysia (2013 - present)
1. Deputy Dean (Research, Innovation & Industry-Community Engagement) (1/1/2022 - present)
2. Coordinator, Environmental Science Programme, 01/01/2020-31/12/2021
3. Program Chairman (Chemistry) (1/10/2015 - 31/12/2018)
1. National Editors, Science Letters (2020 - present)
2. Editorial Board Member, The 29th Regional Symposium of Malaysian Analytical Sciences (Abstract Book) (2016)
Reviewer for various journals including International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, Arabian Journal of Chemistry, Water, Air, & Soil Pollution, Biocatalysis and Agricultural Biotechnology, Biosystems Engineering, Carbohydrate Research, Environment, Development and Sustainability, Food Control, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Journal of Physical Science, Journal of Water Supply: Research and Technology – Aqua, Journal of Science and Technology, Materials Letters, Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology, SN Applied Sciences, Adsorption Science & Technology, Advances in Condensed Matter Physics, Bioresource Technology Reports, Canadian Journal of Chemistry, Catalysts, Cellulose, Chemosphere, Reactive and Functional Polymers, Scientific Reports, International Journal of Environment and Waste Management, Journal of Food Quality, Journal of Materials Science and Nanotechnology, Journal of Sustainability Science and Management, Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, Malaysian Journal of Microscopy, Malaysian Journal of Science, and Malaysian Journal of Analytical Science.
Key Research Area:
- Visible light active photocatalyst
- Modification of polysaccharide-based biopolymer
- Adsorption and regeneration of spent adsorbents
- Water and wastewater treatment
- Green microextraction methods
Research Grant (As Principal Investigator)
- Metal-organic framework templated synthesis of doped-TiO2 or TiO2-based heterostructures for visible-light promoted photocatalysis, Hubert Curien Partnership – Hibiscus (PHC Hibiscus), RM 66,000, 1/11/2019 – 30/4/2022.
- Synthesis, characterization and mechanistic study of water-soluble halogenated 8-hydroxyquinoline based chitosan derivatives as new anticancer agents, Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS), RM 108,200, 1/1/2019 – 30/9/2022.
- Investigation on the mechanisms of radiation induced graft copolymerisation of anionic and cationic monomers onto chitosan for the decontamination of environmental pollutants, Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS), RM98,200, 1/12/2014 – 31/05/2017.
- Immobilised doped TiO2/chitosan-PO4 layer-by-layer system for the photocatalytic detoxification of textile dyes under visible light irradiation, Research University (Individual) Grant, RM 100,000, 1/4/2018 – 30/6/2022.
- Graft copolymerization of chitosan by polyethyleneimine via microwave and hydrothermal treatment for the removal of textile dyes, USM Bridging Grant, RM 9,964, 25/1/2018 – 24/1/2019.
- Immobilized TiO2/chitosan-Fe(III) layer-by-layer system for the removal of anionic and cationic dyes, USM Short Term Grant, RM 25,000, 1/9/2014 – 30/11/2016.
- Study on textile dyes as photosensitizer in photocatalytic degradation of organic pollutant by chitosan/TiO2 bilayer system, Research University Postgraduate Research Grant Scheme (USM-RU-PRGS), RM 18,000, 15/10/2009 – 14/12/2011.
Research Grant (As Co-Researcher)
- Investigation of kinetic growth and morphology evolution of ZnO nanorods and CuO/ZnO nanocomposites on kanthal wires that synthesized using direct heating method for photocatalysis application, Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS), RM177,460, 1/11/2020 – 31/10/2023.
- Synergistic enhancement of microwave absorption behaviours of activated carbon/graphene/Fe2O3 reinforced ultrathin nanocellulose composites derived from coconut fibre coir, Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS), RM127,298, 1/11/2020 – 31/10/2023.
- Photocatalysis of trisiloxane and pathogenic bacteria in greywater using eco-friendly green nanoparticles (ECO-GNPs) for safe disposal, Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS), RM110,400, 1/11/2020 – 31/10/2023.
- The potential of green synthesized hollowed-TiO2 as a functional coating for self-cleaning fabric, Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS), RM70,052, 1/11/2020 – 31/10/2023.
- Bonding mechanism of nano-titania into polymeric matrix of crosslinked chitosan-glyoxal composite for surface area enhancement and chemical stability, Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS), RM99,000, 1/9/2019 – 31/5/2022.
- Physicochemical and biological properties of water-soluble chitosan derived from mud crab shells, Scylla olivacea, Tun Zaidi Chair, RM54,000, 1/11/2021 – 31/10/2023.
- Facile synthesis of cellulose nanocrystals integrated magnetic-metal organic framework (MOF) composites for wastewater remediation, Research University (Individual) Grant, RM50,000, 1/10/2020 – 30/9/2023.
- TiO2 quantum dots immobilized onto a chitosan-organosilane thin film for the mitigation of harmful algal blooms, Research University (Individual) Grant, RM 64,480, 1/9/2018 – 31/8/2021.
- Fabrication of nitrogen-doped nanoporous and bifunctional composites for the adsorption of emerging contaminants (endocrine disruptors compounds and pharmaceuticals) in water, Research University (Individual) Grant, RM 83,500, 1/5/2018 – 31/10/2021.
- Preparation of natural rubber-silver membranes for the decolorization of methylene blue: Quantification and kinetic studies, Research University (Individual) Grant, RM 93,000, 1/4/2018 – 31/12/2021.
- Photocatalytic activity of nanostructure film TiO2 for palm oil mill effluent (POME) treatment project: Explication of the photocatalytic potentials of the shape and size controlled N/f-TiO2 for POME treatment, Geran Penyelidikan Pelbagai Bidang (MDR) UTHM, RM 20,000, 1/7/2019 – 30/6/2021.
- Development of eco-friendly nanocomposites for the photocatalytic treatment of contaminated stormwater, USM Short Term Grant, RM 35,000, 15/2/2018 – 14/2/2020.
- Understanding organic magnets through muon science and first-principle computational studies, Research University (Individual) Grant, RM 153,233, 31/12/2014 – 31/12/2017.
Selected Journal Articles
- S.A. Mubarak, K.Y. Foo, R. Schneider, R.M. Abdelhameed, S. Sabar, The chemistry of MIL-125 based materials: Structure, synthesis, modification strategies and photocatalytic applications, Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering 10 (2022) 106883.
- Pitchay, A.H. Jawad, I.S. Johari, S. Sabar, Kinetics studies of metallic ions adsorption by immobilised chitosan, Science Letters 16 (2022) 137-148.
- Subramaniam, K.Y. Foo, E.N.M. Yusof, A.H. Jawad, L.D. Wilson, S. Sabar, Hydrothermal synthesis of phosphorylated chitosan and its adsorption performance towards Acid Red 88 dye, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 193 (2021) 1716-1726.
- H. Jawad, A.S. Abdulhameed, N.N. Bahrudin, N.N.M.F. Hum, S.N. Surip, Syed Shatir A. Syed-Hassan, Emad Yousif, S. Sabar, Microporous activated carbon developed from KOH activated biomass waste: surface mechanistic study of methylene blue dye adsorption, Water Science and Technology 84 (2021) 1858 – 1872.
- S.A. Mubarak, N.N. Bahrudin, A.H. Jawad, B.H. Hameed, S. Sabar, Microwave enhanced synthesis of sulfonated chitosan-montmorillonite for effective removal of methylene blue, Journal of Polymers and the Environment 29 (2021) 4027 – 4039.
- Nur Shazwani Abdul Mubarak, T.W. Chuan, H.P. Khor, Ali H. Jawad, L.D. Wilson, Sabar, Immobilized Fe-loaded chitosan film for methyl orange dye removal: Competitive ions, reusability, and mechanism, Journal of Polymers and the Environment, 29 (2021) 1050 – 1062.
- H. Jawad, A.S. Abdulhameed, S.N. Surip, S. Sabar, Adsorptive performance of carbon modified chitosan biopolymer for cationic dye removal: kinetic, isotherm, thermodynamic, and mechanism study, International Journal of Environmental Analytical Chemistry, (2020) 1-15.
- Noor Nazihah Bahrudin, Mohd Asri Nawi, Zulkarnain Zainal, Raphaël Schneider, Sumiyyah Sabar, Enhanced decolourization of methyl orange by immobilized TiO2/chitosan-montmorillonite, Water Science & Technology 82 (2020) 454 – 467.
- Caryn Hui Chuin Tan, Sumiyyah Sabar, M.K. Mohamad Haafiz, Zaharaddeen N. Garba, M. Hazwan Hussin, The improved adsorbent properties of microcrystalline cellulose from oil palm fronds through immobilization technique, Surfaces and Interfaces 20 (2020) 100614.
- H. Yusof, K.Y. Foo, B.H. Hameed, M. Hazwan Hussin, H.K. Lee, S. Sabar, One-step synthesis of chitosan-polyethyleneimine with calcium chloride as effective adsorbent for Acid Red 88 removal, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 157 (2020) 648 – 658.
- N. Bahrudin, M. A. Nawi, Ali H. Jawad, S. Sabar, Adsorption characteristics and mechanistic study of immobilized chitosan-montmorillonite composite for Methyl Orange removal, Journal of Polymers and the Environment 28 (2020) 1901 – 1913.
- H. Yusof, K. Y. Foo, L. D. Wilson, B. H. Hameed, M. Hazwan Hussin, S. Sabar, Microwave-assisted synthesis of polyethyleneimine grafted chitosan beads for the adsorption of Acid Red 27, Journal of Polymers and the Environment 28 (2020) 542 – 552.
- Sabar, H. Abdul Aziz, N.H. Yusof, S. Subramaniam, K.Y. Foo, L.D. Wilson, H.K. Lee, Preparation of sulfonated chitosan for enhanced adsorption of methylene blue from aqueous solution, Reactive and Functional Polymers 151 (2020) 104584.
- Nur Shazwani Abdul Mubarak, Sumiyyah Sabar, Ali H. Jawad, The study of commercial titanium dioxide (TiO2) Degussa P25 for the adsorption of acidic dye, Science Letters 14 (2020) 68 – 83.
- Sumiyyah Sabar, Mohd Asri Nawi, Ali H. Jawad, Raphaël Schneider, Enhanced photocatalytic degradation of phenol by immobilized TiO2/dye-loaded chitosan, Desalination and Water Treatment, 167 (2019) 190 – 199.
- Ali H. Jawad, Nur Shazwani Abdul Mubarak, Sabar, Adsorption and mechanism study for reactive red 120 dye removal by cross-linked chitosan-epichlorohydrin biobeads, Desalination and Water Treatment, 164 (2019) 378 – 387.
- N. Bahrudin, M.A. Nawi, S. Sabar, Immobilized chitosan-montmorillonite composite adsorbent and its photocatalytic regeneration for the removal of methyl orange, Reaction Kinetics, Mechanisms and Catalysis, 126 (2019) 1135 – 1153.
- A.M. Magzoub, A.A.A. Yassin, A.M. Abdel-Rahim, E.A. Gubartallah, M. Miskam, B. Saad, S. Sabar, Photocatalytic detoxification of aflatoxins in Sudanese peanut oil using immobilized titanium dioxide, Food Control, 95 (2019) 206 – 214.
- H.C. Tan, S. Sabar, M.H. Hussin, Development of immobilized microcrystalline cellulose as an effective adsorbent for methylene blue dye removal, South African Journal of Chemical Engineering, 26 (2018) 11 – 24.
- Iqbal, S. Sabar, M.K. Mun-Yee, M.N. Nur Asshifa, A.R.M. Yahya, F. Adam, Pseudomonas aeruginosa USM-AR2/SiO2 biosorbent for the adsorption of methylene blue, Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 6 (2018) 4908 – 4916.
- Lelifajri, M.A. Nawi, Sabar, Supriatno, W.I. Nawawi, Preparation of immobilized activated carbon-polyvinyl alcohol composite for the adsorptive removal of 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid, Journal of Water Process Engineering, 25 (2018) 269 – 277.
- H. Jawad, S. Sabar, M.A. Mohd Ishak, L.D. Wilson, S.S. Ahmad Norrahma, M.K. Talari, A.M. Farhan, Microwave-assisted preparation of mesoporous activated carbon from coconut (Cocos Nucifera) leaf by H3PO4-activation for methylene blue adsorption, Chemical Engineering Communications, 204 (2017) 1143 – 1156.
- H. Jawad, R. Abd Rashid, K. Ismail, S. Sabar, High surface area mesoporous activated carbon developed from coconut leaf by chemical activation with H3PO4 for adsorption of methylene blue, Desalination and Water Treatment, 74 (2017) 326 – 335.
- A. Islam, S. Sabar, A. Benhouria, W.A. Khanday, M. Asif and B.H. Hameed, Nanoporous activated carbon prepared from karanj (Pongamia pinnata) fruit hulls for methylene blue adsorption, Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers, 74 (2017) 96 – 104.
- Trache, M.H. Hussin, C.H.C. Tan, S. Sabar, M.R. Nurul Fazita, O.F.A. Taiwo, T.M. Hassan, M.K. Mohamad Haafiz, Microcrystalline cellulose: Isolation, characterization and bio-composites application - A review, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 93 (2016) 789 – 804.
- Sabar, M.A. Nawi, Photocatalytic removal of Reactive Red 4 dye by immobilised layer-by-layer TiO2/cross-linked chitosan derivatives system, Desalination and Water Treatment, 57 (2016) 5851 – 5857.
- Sabar, M.A. Nawi, Fabrication and application of an immobilized TiO2/chitosan layer-by-layer system loaded with Reactive Red 4 dye for the removal of phenol and its intermediates, Desalination and Water Treatment, 57 (2016) 10312 – 10323.
- A. Nawi, S. Sabar, Sheilatina, Photocatalytic decolourisation of Reactive Red 4 dye by an immobilised TiO2/chitosan layer by layer system, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 372 (2012) 80 – 87.
- A. Nawi, A.H. Jawad, S. Sabar, W.S.W. Ngah, Photocatalytic-oxidation of solid state chitosan by immobilized bilayer assembly of TiO2-chitosan under a compact household fluorescent lamp irradiation, Carbohydrate Polymers, 83 (2011) 1146 – 1152.
- A. Nawi, A.H. Jawad, S. Sabar, W.S.W. Ngah, Immobilized bilayer TiO2/chitosan system for the removal of phenol under irradiation by a 45 Watt compact fluorescent lamp, Desalination, 280 (2011) 288 – 296.
- A. Nawi, S. Sabar, A.H. Jawad, Sheilatina, W.S.W. Ngah, Adsorption of Reactive Red 4 by immobilized chitosan on glass plates: Towards the design of immobilized TiO2-chitosan synergistic photocatalyst-adsorption bilayer system, Biochemical Engineering Journal, 49 (2010) 317 – 325.
- JIK422 Organic Chemistry III (2021/2022)
- JIK310 Physical Chemistry II (2020/2021)
- KAT 442 Environmental Pollution Chemistry (2020/2021)
- JIK 501 Special Topics In Physical And Analytical Chemistry (2019/2020 onwards)
- KAA 509 Dissertation (2017/2018)
- KAT 345 Spectroscopic Methods (2016/2017 – 2017/2018)
- JIK 414 Chemistry and Environmental Pollution (2016/2017 onwards)
- JIK 401 Research Methods in Chemistry and Seminar (2016/2017 onwards)
- KUE 409 Final Year Project (2014/2015 onwards)
- JIK 590 Project (2013/2014 onwards)
- JIK 224 Organic Chemistry I (2013/2014 onwards)
- JIK 102 General Chemistry II (2013/2014 – 2016/2017)
- JIK 101 General Chemistry I (2013/2014)
- KUT 101 General Chemistry I Laboratory (2011/2012)
- KUT 102 General Chemistry II Laboratory (2010/2011)
- KUT 307 Chemistry Practical VII (Inorganic & Analytical) Laboratory (2009/2010)
- KUT 205 Chemistry Practical V (Analytical) Laboratory (2008/2009)
- KAE 346 Pollution & Environmental Chemistry Laboratory (2007/2008 – 2010/2011)
- SKM 3002 Chemistry 2 (Physical & Inorganic Chemistry) Laboratory (2006/2007)
SKM 3401 Analytical Chemistry 1 Laboratory (2006/2007)
- Nur Nazrina Binti Ahmad Sabri, Photocatalytic removal of 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid and quinclorac herbicides by an immobilized system of carbon coated, nitrogen doped and polyene sensitized TiO2, Co-Supervisor, Completed in 2017.
- Reem Abdelrahman Mohamed Ali Magzoub, Detoxification of aflatoxin contamination in sudanese groundnut, groundnut oil and cake, Field Supervisor, Completed in 2018.
- Nuur Hidayah Binti Yusof, Graft copolymerization of chitosan by poly(ethyleneimine) for the removal of Acid Red 88 dye, Main Supervisor, Completed in 2019.
- Caryn Tan Hui Chuin, Physicochemical and adsorption studies of immobilized microcrystalline cellulose from oil palm fronds as an adsorbent for methylene blue, Co-Supervisor, Completed in 2019.
- Nurul Fitrahanis Binti Razali, Synthesis and characterization of FexOy doped TiO2 immobilized on activated carbon for degradation of single and binary mixture of methylene blue and methyl orange dyes under visible light, Co-Supervisor, Completed in 2018.
MSc (Mixed Mode)
- Nurul Akmar Binti Nazri, Synthesis and characterization of water soluble chitosan and its chlorinated 8-hydroxyquinoline based derivatives for iron (III) removal, Main Supervisor, Completed in 2018.
- Huda Bte Abdul Aziz, Synthesis of sulfonated chitosan by hydrothermal treatment for the removal of methylene blue from aqueous solution, Main Supervisor, Completed in 2018.
- Nur Shazwani Binti Abdul Mubarak, Metal-organic framework templated synthesis of doped-TiO2 or TiO2-based heterostructures for visible-light promoted photocatalysis, Main Supervisor, 2020 - current.
Master Degree (Research)
- Sumaliny A/P Subramaniam, Fabrication of bifunctional immobilized doped TiO2-chitosan for the photocatalytic detoxification of emerging contaminants under visible light irradiation, Main Supervisor, 2019 - current.
- Mutia Irma, Removal of ammonium in an aquaponic system by zeolite as growing media for regeneration, Main Supervisor, 2020 - current.
- Nur Yusra Farzana Awang, Synthesis, characterization and biological studies of water-soluble quinolone-based chitosan derivatives, Main Supervisor, 2021 - current.
- Koe Chee Meng, Synthesis and characterization of CuO/ZnO nanocomposites synthesized using direct heating method for photocatalysis application, Co-supervisor, 2021 - current.
- Noor Muokhni Binti Ayub, The response of the adults Aedes Aegypti towards an attractive gel balls bait, Co-supervisor, 2021 - current.
- Faezah Bt Bakar, 2018, Universiti Teknologi MARA, Reactive Red 4 dye sensitized immobilized TiO2 photocatalyst for degradation of methylene blue dye.
- Nurul Shazlinie Binti Abdul Shukor, 2018, Universiti Teknologi MARA, Development of mixed biomass activated carbon for flue gas adsorbent.
- Saifullahi Shehu Imam, 2019, Room-temperature synthesis of bismuth oxybromide-based photocatalysts for the removal of ciprofloksacin from aqueous solution under visible light.
- Saheed Ismaila Olalekan, 2021, Modification of chitosan using hydrophilic imidazolium-based ionic liquids for adsorption of Acid Blue 25 dye, Cd(II) and Pb(II) from aqueous solution.
- Ubah Promise Chima, 2021, Iron nanoparticles prepared from moringa oleifera leaf extracts: Characterization and its total petroleum hydrocarbons and nitrate removal efficiency.
- Nur Farah Binti Waheed Tajudeen, 2018, Removal of Rective Blue 19 from industrial and synthetic wastewater using activated carbon and iron modified activated carbon.
- Nur Aisyah Binti Mohamad Rosli, 2018, Computational studies on muoniated ketones.
- Emerging river water pollutants (sources, characteristics and impact), Bengkel “Emerging Water Pollutants In River" Online Zoom, 2021, Persatuan Pengamatan Air Pulau Pinang dan Pusat Pengajian Sains Kimia, Universiti Sains Malaysia.
- Adsorption-photocatalytic properties of immobilized TiO2/iron loaded chitosan (TiO2/Fe-CS) for enhanced decolorization of Methyl Orange, Universiti Sains Malaysia and University of Lorraine, 5th USM‐UL Colloquium, 2019, Universiti Sains Malaysia.
Achievements and Awards
- 2020 Excellence Service Award, Universiti Sains Malaysia Anugerah Perkhidmatan Cemerlang, Universiti Sains Malaysia.
- 2019 Merit Reward under Sanggar Sanjung Award for Publication Category, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia
- 2019 Excellent Achievement under Sanggar Sanjung Award for Publication Category, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia.
- Postdoctoral Scholarship from Ministry of Education (MOHE), Malaysia (01/10/2018 - 30/09/2019)
- 2017 Merit Reward under Sanggar Sanjung Award for Publication Category, Universiti Sains Malaysia.
- Silver Medal Award, 1st International Malaysia-Indonesia-Thailand Symposium on Innovation and Creativity (iMIT SIC 2017)
- Bronze Medal Award, 1st International Malaysia-Indonesia-Thailand Symposium on Innovation and Creativity (iMIT SIC 2017)
- Silver Medal Award, SIRIM Invention, Innovation & Technology Expo (SI2TE) 2017.
- 2015 Excellence Service Award, Universiti Sains Malaysia.
- 2011 Excellence Achievement under Sanggar Sanjung Award for Publication Category, Universiti Sains Malaysia.
- Best Oral Presenter Award at the 24th Regional Symposium of Malaysian Analytical Sciences, Langkawi (21/11/2011 – 23/11/2011)
- 2010 Merit Reward under Sanggar Sanjung Award for Publication Category, Universiti Sains Malaysia.
- Fellow under USM Fellowship Scheme, Universiti Sains Malaysia (1/11/2007 – 29/2/2012)
Academic Recognition and Leadership
- Invited Guests for the Higher Education in a Disruptive Landscape: The State and Future of STEM Education Symposium in National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore (24/05/2019 - 25/05/2019) sponsored by Temasek Foundation International.
- Judge for the 1st International Malaysia-Indonesia-Thailand Symposium on Innovation and Creativity (iMIT SiC2017), 2017, Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM).
- Poster Judge at the 29th Malaysian Analytical Chemistry Symposium (SKAM29), 2016, Persatuan Sains Analisis Malaysia (ANALIS) & Universiti Sains Malaysia.
- Working Committee, Policy Review of USM Sustainability Policy, 01/10/2020-31/12/2021.
- Working Committee, Times Higher Education - Global Impact Ranking (THE-GIR), 20/07/2020-31/12/2021.
- Secretary, USM-University of Lorraine (UL) Center and Alumni, 01/01/2019-31/12/2021.
- Organizing committee for the “International Conference of Multidisplinary Research (iCMR 2015)”, 15/01/2014-31/12/2015
- Organizing committee for “The 29th Regional Symposium of Malaysian Analytical Sciences (SKAM29)”, 01/08/2015-31/12/2016.
- Treasurer, Staff Welfare Body, School of Distance Education, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 12/05/2017-12/05/2019.
- Secretary, Chemistry Alumni Club, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 30/03/2016-31/12/2018.
- Organizing committee for the “International Workshop on Organic Molecular Systems”, 01/08/2017-03/08/2017.
Consultant for the titanium dioxide (TiO2) nanoproducts, NES Synthesis Sdn. Bhd., 04/01/2017.
- Members, Royal Society of Chemistry (2019 – current)
- Associate Member, Malaysian Institute of Chemistry (2014 - current)
- Associate Member, Malaysian Analytical Sciences Society (ANALIS) (2014 - current)