Dr. Nagaletchimee Annamalai
. Annamalai, N., Kabilan, M. K., & Annamalai.(2018) Enhancing Meaningful Learning of Poems Using Edmodo. PERTANIKA, 26(2) 841-858. [ESCI, Clarivate Analytics]
Dr. Nagaletchimee Annamalai
Phone : 04-6535943
Fax : 04-6576000
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Bahasa dan Linguistik, Pembelajaran Atas Talian, TESL
- Doctor of Philosophy in TESL (2010-2014)
Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang
- Master Degree in Linguistics and English Language Studies (2002-2005)
Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang
- Bachelor Degree in English Language (1998 -2001)
Universiti Malaya, Kuala Lumpur
Key Research Area:
- English language skills
- Language and linguistics
- e-Learning & Distance Learning
- Annamalai,N., ForoughiB., Iranmanesh,M., & Buathong, S. (2019). Needs and Facebook Addiction:How Important Are Psycholgocial Well Being and performance-Approach Goals. Current Psychology. Published online [ ISI:Impact factor:1.4]
- Annamalai, N. (2019). Using WhatsApp to extend learning in a blended classroom environment . Teaching English with Technology. 19(1) 3-20. [ Scopus]
- Annamalai, N., (2019) . The use of Web 2.0 Technology Tools and beyond in Enhancing Task Based language Learning: A case study. The English Teacher, 48 (1)29-44 [ ERA]
- 4. Annamalai, N., Noonin, S., & Buathong, S. (2019). Perception Matters: Exploring Thai lecturers’ views, preferences and needs of MOOCs. The Reference Librarian,60, (4)310-328 [ Scopus, ESCI, Clarivate Analytics]
- Krishnaswamy, J., Hossain, Z., Kavigtha, M. K., & Annamalai, N. (2019). What matters for higher education success of private educational institutions? Senior students’ perceptions in Malaysia. Journal of Applied Research in Higher Education, 11(3) 616-635 [ Scopus, ESCI, Clarivate Analytics]
- Krishnaswamy, J., Seow S. K., & Annamalai, N. (2019). The Shadow Education System: Students’ Responses to Private Tutorial Learning”. Malaysian Journal of Learning and Instruction. In press [ Scopus, ESCI, Clarivate Analytics]
- Annamalai, N., & Noonin, S. (2019). Malaysian lecturers’ perception of MOOCs. JONUS. In press. [ Scopus, ESCI, Clarivate Analytics]
- Annamalai, N. (2018). A Case Study of the Online Interactions among ESL Students to Complete Their Narrative Writing Task. Malaysian Online Journal of Educational Technology, 6(1), 1-17. [ERIC,DOAJ]
- Annamalai, N., Kabilan, M. K., & Annamalai.(2018) Enhancing Meaningful Learning of Poems Using Edmodo. PERTANIKA, 26(2) 841-858. [ESCI, Clarivate Analytics]
- Annamalai, N. (2018). Exploring the use of Facebook and other social media in pre-service teacher education. The English Teacher Journal. 47(1) 1-14. [Scopus, ESCI. Clarivate Analyytics]
- Annamalai, N. (2018). How Do We Know What is Happening in WhatsApp: A Case Study Investigating Pre-Service Teachers’ online Activity Malaysian Journal of Learning and Instruction. 15(2). 207-225. [ Scopus, ESCI, Clarivate Analytics]
- Annamalai, N. (2017). An investigation into the Community of Inquiry model in the Malaysian ESL learners’ context. Interactive Technology and Smart Education, 14(3), 246-263. [ Scopus, ESCI, Clarivate Analytics]
- Annamalai, N. (2017). Exploring Students Use of Facebook in Formal Learning Contexts. Indonesian Journal of EFL and Linguistics, 2(2), 91-106.
- Annamalai, N. (2017). Using the Community of Inquiry Model (CoI) to investigate the quality of ESL students’ narrative writing in an asynchronous online discussion. Malaysian Journal of Languages and Linguistics (MJLL), 6(2), 67-84.
- Annamalai, N., & Jaganathan, P. (2017). Exploring students’ reflective writing on Facebook. In The EuroCALL Review (Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 3-17). Universitat Politècnica de València.
- Annamalai, N. (2016). Exploring the Writing Approaches in the" Facebook" Environment. Teaching English with Technology, 16(1), 71-87.[Scopus]
- Annamalai, N., Tan, K. E. & Amelia Abdullah (2016). Teaching presence in an online collaborative learning environment. PERTANIKA, 24(1), 197-212. [ESCI, Clarivate Analytics]
- Annamalai, N., & Tan, K. E. (2015). Exploring Two Teachers' Engagement with Their Students in an Online Writing Environment. The EuroCALL Review, 23(2), 58-73.
- Annamalai, N., Tan K. E, Amelia Abdullah, and Sivagurunathan, S. "Exploring the Interactions on an Online Narrative Writing Platform." Malaysian Journal of Learning and Instruction12 (2015): 103-129. [ Scopus, ESCI, Clarivate Analytics]
Annamalai, N., & Kok, E. T. (2014). Social presence of the Community of Inquiry (CoI) model on an online narrative writing platform via Facebook. Malaysian Journal of ELT Research, 10(2), 18.
Annamalai, N. Tan, K. E. & Amelia Abdullah (2013). Exploring the Effects of an Online Writing Platform on Students' Performance in Narrative Writing. Malaysian Journal of Distance Education.15(2),1-18.
- Annamalai, N.(2017). Communicating key to attracting tourists. News Straits Times. Feb 11th, 2017. From http://www.nst.com.my/news/2017/02/211336/communication-key-attracting-tourists
- Annamalai, N.(2016). ICT boosts students’ learning. News Straits Times. August 1st 2016 http://www.nst.com.my/news/2016/08/162072/ict-boosts-students-learning
- Annamalai, N. (2016). Online environment for Malaysian students. News Straits Times.December 18th. pg 8.
- Jayaraman,Raman & Annamalai,(2016). A focus on students boosts world rankings.News Straits Times.29thJune. pg 18.
MODULE AND TEXT BOOK
- Annamalai, N. (2014). Critical Reading(ELL 304/05). Unit 1 Main Ideas and Inferences. School of Education, Languages and Communication Faculty
- Annamalai, N. (2014). Critical Reading(ELL 304/05). Unit 2. Pattern of Organization
- Annamalai, N. (2014). Critical Reading(ELL 304/05). Unit 3. Language and Its Effects on the Reader
- Annamalai, N. (2014). Critical Reading(ELL 304/05). Unit 4. Point of View,Tone, and Allusion
- Annamalai, N. (2014). Critical Reading(ELL 304/05). Unit 5. Analysing and Evaluating Arguments
- Annamalai, N. (2002). English Revision Workbook for PMR. Infodidik
- Annamalai.N.Understanding the Malaysian lecturers’ perception of MOOCs. A Case study.13th International Technology Education and development Conference (INTED2019)11th-13th March, Valencia, Spain
- Siti Yusriza., Annamalai, N & Norhayu Norany. Choosing to Flip : A Preliminary research on E-Learning Readiness in Flip Learning Approach Among TESL students in a Northern Institute of teacher Education (ITE) Malaysia(PICM, 2019) 17th -18th August, 2019, Penang, Malaysia
- Durao N., Moreira.F., Ferreira.M., Pereira. C., & Annamalai N. A comparative study about mobile learnnig with gamification and augmented reality in high education institutions across South Europe, South America & Asia countries.14thIberian Conference on Information Systems and technologies (CISTI).19-22 June 2019, Coimbra, Portugal
- Annamalai N.Integration of Social media in teaching and learning Activities: A Case Study. 19th International Conference on language Learning (ICLL) 23rd – 24th Oct 2017, Bali, Indonesia
- Annamalai.N. Community of Inquiry Approach for Narrattive Writing.International Journal of Arts and Sciences International Conference for Education(IJAS) 11th-14th April, 2016 Paris, France
- Annamalai.N. Narrative writing through social networking site: A case study on Facebook.International Conference on E-Education,E-business, E-Management E-Learning(IC4E, 2016) 3rd June 2016, Singapore
- Annamalai. N. Learners’experience and reflection of an online narrative writing platform International Conference on Multidisciplinary Research (Icmr 2015)19th-21August 2015 Pulau Pinang, Malaysia.
- Annamalai. Exploring the use of Facebook in teaching narrativewriting:When teachers engage differently.8th International Conference on teaching Education and learning (ICTEL, 2015) 29th December 2015, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Annamalai., Amelia & Tan, K.E. A comparative study on the innovative Narrative Writing Platform in Urban and Sub-Urban Secondary Schools. 3rd International Conference on Leadership and Learning in the Asian Century. 17th Nov - 19th Nov 2014
- Annamalai.,Tan, K.E., & Amelia, A. A. Teaching presence in the online collaborative learningenvironment.5th International Language Learning Conference.11th Nov - 13th Nov 2013.
- JUE 300 English II ( 2015 onwards)
- JUE 402 Writing for Professional Purposes (2015 onwards)
- JUH 102 Pemikiran Kritis (2016 onwards)
- Noor Azlinda binti Zainal Abidin. (2017). Investigating the Impact of Fun learning English Gigvaganza Towards ESL Students. (Main Supervisior)
- Siti Yusriza binti Abdullah (2018). Literature Online:Teaching and Learninig of Literature Courses for Trainees in Institute of Teacher Education Through Blended and Flipped learning (Main Supervisior)
- Wong Yee Chiek (2018). Investigating the impact of Word Mapping on students Vocabulary Achievements and Students’ Perception at Primary School level (Main Supervisior)
- Muhamad Rashid (2019). Developing accuracy in academic writing at intermediate level through the process approach and interactional activites
- Quinie Ong Kooi Loo (2019). Exploring the effects of an online learning platform of students self-efficacy in learning
Member of Editorial Board:
- The Journal of Teaching English with Technology
- The Asian Journal of English Language and Pedagogy
- The Malaysian Journal Of Distance Education
- The Journal of Teaching and Learning English in Multicultural Contexts