Dr. Muhammad Hasmi Abu Hassan Asaari
- Ph.D. (Academic Leadership). 2013. University of Hull, UK
- Master in Business Administration. 1995. Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Management). 1988. University of Denver, USA
Higher Education [2000-Present]
- Senior Lecturer. Universiti Sains Malaysia
- Lecturer. Universiti Sains Malaysia
- Lecturer. Universiti Utara Malaysia
- Lecturer. Universiti Teknologi MARA
Corporate Sector – Telecommunication [1996-2000]
- Manager, Market Retention & Research. Mobikom (M) Sdn. Bhd., Kuala Lumpur
- Regional Manager, Northern Region. Mobikom (M) Sdn. Bhd., Kuala Lumpur
Corporate Sector – Banking [1989-1996]
- Assistant Branch Manager. Hong Leong Bank
- Head of Department (Trade Finance & Marketing). Perwira Affin Bank
- Officer (Trade Finance). Ban Hin Lee Bank
- Officer (Operations). Maybank Finance
Key Research Area
- Academic leadership
- Individual performance
Research Grants (selected)
- Principal Investigator. USM RUI 2017. Employees Dependency on Social Media and Work-Related Attitude with Religiosity as Mediator. September 2018 to August 2020. RM45,000.00.
- Principal Investigator. Academic Leadership, Job Satisfaction, Career Satisfaction, and Organizational Commitment, among Lecturers in the Public and Private Higher Education Institutions in Malaysia. March 2018 to February 2020 [No funding].
- Principal Investigator. Leadership, Job Satisfaction, Career Satisfaction, Organizational Commitment, and Organizational Citizenship Behavior among Employees in the Public and Private Sectors in Malaysia, December 2017 to November 2019 [No funding].
- Principal Investigator. USM Short Term Grant. Leadership Impact on Work-Related Attitude among Employees in Financial Institutions. August 2015 to August 2017. RM26,133.00. [304/PJJAUH/6313217].
- Principal Investigator. Contract Research Grant - Federal Agricultural Marketing Authority (FAMA) and IPTA (2007-2008). Project 7: Integrating Into the New Marketing Paradigm: The Need for Entrepreneurship among Small Farmers. RM314,390.23.
Selected Journal Articles
- Nasina Mat Desa & Muhammad Hasmi Abu Hassan Asaari (2018). Servant Leadership and Organizational Commitment: Demographic Comparison between Local Bankers and Foreign Bankers in Malaysia, The International Journal of Business and Management, 6(3), 174-183.
- Nasina Mat Desa, Muhammad Hasmi Abu Hassan Asaari, & Baderisang Mohamed (2018). Servant Leadership and Organizational Commitment: A Comparative Study between Employees of Local and Foreign Banks in the Northern Region of Malaysia, Saudi Journal of Business and Management Studies, 3(4), 438-452.
- Muhammad Hasmi Abu Hassan Asaari, Nurul Alhana M. Ramlee, & Nasina Mat Desa (2018). Personality and Work Performance among Commercial Bank Employees in the Northern State of Malaysia, The International Journal of Business & Management, 6(1), 248-258.
- Nasina Mat Desa, Teoh Lay Khoon, & Muhammad Hasmi Abu Hassan Asaari (2018). Work Stress toward Work Environment, Management Support, and Employees Satisfaction among Employees of Public Organizations, International Journal of Asian Social Science, 8(1), 1-11.
Muhammad Hasmi Abu Hassan Asaari, Nasina Mat Desa & Mohamed Asri Mohd Ali (2017). Leadership and Work-Related Attitude among Bank Employees in Northern Region of Malaysia, International Journal of Social Science and Economic Research, 2(5), 3317-3331.
- Muhammad Hasmi Abu Hassan Asaari, Mohd Suhaimi Husin & Nasina Mat Desa (2017). Work Competency and Work Performance among Employees of Fire and Rescue Department Malaysia (JPBM), Saudi Journal of Business and Management Studies, 2(5B), 544-550.
- Muhammad Hasmi Abu Hassan Asaari & Nasina Mat Desa (2017). Academic Leadership and Organizational Commitment among Faculty Members in Malaysian Public Universities, International Review of Management and Business Research, 6(1), 40-56.
- Muhammad Hasmi Abu Hassan Asaari (2017). Organizational Analysis: Case of a Leading Distance Education Provider in Malaysia, The International Journal of Business & Management, 5(5), 133-143.
Loo Siew Pine, Nasina Mat Desa & Muhammad Hasmi Abu Hassan Asaari (2016). Big Five Factors and Employees’ Voice Behavior among Employees in Small-Medium Enterprise in Penang, Review of European Studies, 8(3), 22-35.
- Jonny Ding Dung Ngie, Nasina Mat Desa & Muhammad Hasmi Abu Hassan Asaari (2016). Effects of organizational learning culture and developmental feedback on engineers’ career satisfaction in the manufacturing organizations in Malaysia, Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference Advances in Social Science, Economics and Management Study (SEM 2016), Birmingham, UK, 17-18 March 2016, 69-73.
- Jasmine Lee Mee Choo, Nasina Mat Desa & Muhammad Hasmi Abu Hassan Asaari (2016). Flexible Working Arrangement toward Organizational Commitment and Work-Family Conflict, Studies in Asian Social Science, 3(1), 22-35.
- Muhamed Shabir Bashir Mohamed, Muhammad Hasmi Abu Hassan Asaari & Nasina Mat Desa (2016). Relationship between personality types and job satisfaction among employees in Malaysian manufacturing, Research Journal of Social Sciences, 9(1), 23-28.
- Muhammad Hasmi Abu Hassan Asaari & Nor Awatis Anuar (2016). Influence of job satisfaction on affective commitment among bank employees, Proceedings of International Conference on Multidiciplinary Research (ICMR) 2016, Hasanuddin University, Makassar, Indonesia, 6-7 September 2016, 713-717.
- Muhammad Hasmi Abu Hassan Asaari, Ashish Dwivedi, Alan Lawton & Nasina Mat Desa (2016). Academic Leadership And Organizational Commitment In Public Universities Of Malaysia, European Journal of Scientific Research, 12(16), 329-344.
- JTP480 Business Research Method (Kaedah Penyelidikan Perniagaan)
- JOW453 Organization Theory (Teori Organisasi)
- JTW503E Strategic Management (Pengurusan Strategik)
- JTW401 Management Seminar (Seminar Pengurusan)
- JTW580 Management Project (Projek Pengurusan)
- Mohamed Abdulazis Zainuddin Mohsen Maki