Dr. Siti Soraya Lin Abdullah Kamal
Dr. Siti Soraya Lin Abdullah Kamal
Telefon : 04-6535940
Faks : 04-6576000
Emel : firstname.lastname@example.org
TESOL, Literasi ESL, Penglibatan Ibu Bapa, Kanak-kanak Pendidikan Rendah, Etika, Penyelidikan Kualitatif
Ph.D (Education) ,2021,The University of Sheffield,UK.
M.Ed (Guidance and Counseling),2013,Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Johor.
- B.Ed (Teaching English as a Foreign Language),2010,Queensland University of Technology, Australia/ IPGM Kampus Bahasa Antarabangsa, Kuala Lumpur.
Key Research Area:
- ESL Literacy
- Parental Involvement
- Young Children
- Primary Education
- Qualitative Research
- Kamal, S.S.L.A. (2021). Exploring struggling readers of English as a second language's experiences in the Malaysian primary classroom. Turkish Online Journal of Qualitative Inquiry 12(6):610-621. (Scopus)
- Kamal, S.S.L.A. (2021). Theories of second language reading. Turkish Online Journal of Qualitative Inquiry 12(6):1014-1024.( Scopus)
- Kamal, S.S.L.A. (2021). Dealing with Ethical issues in Qualitative Research: Experience of a Ph.D. Student. Turkish Online Journal of Qualitative Inquiry 12(6):187-196. (Scopus)
- Kamal, S.S.L.A. (2021). Research Paradigm and the Philosophical Foundations of a Qualitative Study. PEOPLE: International Journal of Social Sciences, 4(3), 1386-1394.
- Kamal, S.S.L.A., & Ghani, F.A. (2014). Emotional Intelligence and Akhlak among Muslim Adolescents in one of the Islamic Schools in Johor, South Malaysia. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 114:687-692. (Scopus)
- Ghani, F.A., Kamal, S.S.L.A, & Azian, A.A. (2014). The Implication of Parenting Styles on the Akhlak of Muslim Teenagers in the South of Malaysia. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 114: 761-765. (Scopus)
- Penulisan rencana di Utusan Melayu, 28 Januari 2019: Mengamati Sistem Pendidikan UK [An article published in the Malaysian newspaper titled: An observation of the UK education system].
- Article published in News Straits Times. Learning English in daily life https://www.nst.com.my/opinion/letters/2019/07/508336/learn-english-daily-life 29 July 2019
- Co-author of the book, “Cikgu, Saya Suka Pergi Sekolah”. [Teacher, I love going to school]. (2014). Maghfirah Publications: Kuala Lumpur.
- Article published in the Second volume of the Journal of Imaginary Research, (Writefest) The University of Sheffield. February 2017. Ethnic minority voices: the waterfront dwellers.
- Article published in the Fourth volume of the Journal of Imaginary Research, (WriteFest) The University of Sheffield. September 2019. Exploring the voices of underweight children: a phenomenological study
- Article published in the Doctoral Times Winter 2018 issue 18, The Newsletter for Doctoral Researchers, The University of Sheffield. Juggling motherhood and distance learning during a PhD.
- Article published in the 21st Edition of the White Rose Social Sciences DTP newsletter; DTP Matters (Online), 2019. On attending the recent Sheffield Institute of Education Conference at Sheffield Hallam University
- JUE 100 (Preparatory English) 2020- present
- JUE 200 (English 1) 2020- present
- JUR 101 (Etika Profesional) 2020- present
Academics recognition and leadership:
- Scholarship recipient of Ministry Of Education Malaysia, B.Ed. TESL Twinning Program (2004-2009)
- Scholarship Recipient of Academic Staff Training Scheme (ASTS) for PhD. (2016-2019).
- Certified in Level 3 Award, in Teaching Phonics (Higher Distinction) by Oplex Carriers. (2018).
- Reviewer of International Journal of Learning, Teaching and Educational Research (Scopus)- 2021
- Reviewer of the Journal of Advanced Research in Social and Behavioral Sciences- 2019
- Speaking Buddy of Secondary School Students of KRIM (a local NGO) - 2021
Participation in Seminar:
- Ethical issues in Qualitative Research. International Conference on Intellectual Research in Engineering, Science and Management (ICIRESM), 17th April 2021. (Virtual Presentation)
- “I use a pizza box to help my child with reading”. Parental Involvement and Home Reading Practices of ESL Struggling Readers. 2nd International Conference on Language Education and Culture İstanbul, Medipol University, Turkey, 27th -29th June, 2019.
- Research paradigm and the philosophical foundations of a qualitative study, 5th ICRTEL 2018 – International Conference on Research in Teaching, Education & Learning, The National University of Singapore Society, 14th 15th November 2019. (In Absentia Presentation)
- Exploring Malay ESL struggling readers' reading experiences. White Rose DTP 7th Annual Conference, The Ron Cooke Hub, The University of York. 19th June 19, 2018. (Poster presentation).
- Exploring ESL children's learning experiences by using drawing method; a pilot study. Seminar: Innovative Perspectives and Methodologies for Researching with Children, The University of Sheffield, 1st June 2017.
- Emotional Intelligence and Akhlak among Muslim Adolescents in one of the Islamic Schools in Johor, South Malaysia. 4th World Conference on Psychology, Counseling and Guidance, Istanbul Kultur University, Istanbul, Turkey. 24th -26th May, 2013.
- Member of Teaching and Education Research Association (TERA) - Lifetime membership
- Member of Qualitative Research Association of Malaysia (QRAM)- 2021