Dr. Siti Soraya Lin Abdullah Kamal
Dr. Siti Soraya Lin Abdullah Kamal
Telefon : 04-653 3936
Faks : 04-657 6000
Emel : firstname.lastname@example.org
TESOL (Pendidikan Pra Sekolah dan Pendidikan Rendah ), Literasi, Kajian Kualitatif.
Ph.D (Education) ,2021,The University of Sheffield,UK.
M.Ed (Guidance and Counseling),2013,Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Johor.
- B.Ed (Teaching English as a Foreign Language),2010,Queensland University of Technology, Australia/ IPGM Kampus Bahasa Antarabangsa, Kuala Lumpur.
Key Research Area:
- TESOL (early childhood and primary education)
- ·Qualitative Research
- Kamal, S.S.L.A., Masnan, A.H. & Hashim, N.H. (2022). Parental Involvement in Young Children's Education in Malaysia: A Systematic Literature Review. International Journal of Learning, Teaching and Educational Research, 21(3), 319-341. https://doi.org/10.26803/ijlter.21.3.17
- Kamal, S.S.L.A., & Hashim, N.H. (2021). Parental Involvement and Reading-Related Activities of Struggling Readers of English as a Second Language. International Journal of Early Childhood Special Education (INT-JECSE), 13(2): 191-197. DOI: 10.9756/INT-JECSE/V13I2.211054.
- Kamal, S.S.L.A. & Rahman, W.A.W.A., & Ghani, F.A. (2021). Challenges to Parental Involvement in Children’s ESL Learning. International Journal of Early Childhood Special Education (INT-JECSE), 13(2): 184-190. DOI: 10.9756/INT-JECSE/V13I2.211053.
- Kamal, S.S.L.A. (2021). Teaching Struggling Readers of English as a Second Language in the Malaysian Classroom. International Journal of Early Childhood Special Education (INT-JECSE), 13(2): 172-183. DOI: 10.9756/INT-JECSE/V13I2.211052.
- Kamal, S.S.L.A. (2021). Theories of second language reading. Turkish Online Journal of Qualitative Inquiry 12(6):1014-1024.
- Kamal, S.S.L.A. (2021). Research Paradigm and the Philosophical Foundations of a Qualitative Study. PEOPLE: International Journal of Social Sciences, 4(3), 1386-1394.
- Kamal, S.S.L.A., & Ghani, F.A. (2014). Emotional Intelligence and Akhlak among Muslim Adolescents in Johor. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 114:687-692.
- Ghani, F.A., Kamal, S.S.L.A, & Azian, A.A. (2014). The Implication of Parenting Styles on the Akhlak of Muslim Teenagers in the South of Malaysia. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 114: 761-765.
- The national language is a symbol of national identity, sovereignty and unity. News Straits Times. (2021, October 12). https://www.nst.com.my/opinion/letters/2021/10/735945/national-language-symbol-national-identity-sovereignty-and-unity
- Parents can be more tech savvy because of pandemic. News Straits Times. (2021, September 22). https://www.nst.com.my/opinion/letters/2021/09/729734/parents-can-be-more-tech-savvy-because-pandemic.
- Parenting during pandemic: Opportunities and challenges. Malaysiakini.com. (2021, September, 21). https://m.malaysiakini.com/letters/592237
- Article published in News Straits Times. Learning English in daily life https://www.nst.com.my/opinion/letters/2019/07/508336/learn-english-daily-life 29 July 2019
- Penulisan rencana di Utusan Melayu, 28 Januari 2019: Mengamati Sistem Pendidikan UK [An article published in the Malaysian newspaper titled: An observation of the UK education system].
- Co-author of the book, “Cikgu, Saya Suka Pergi Sekolah”. [Teacher, I love going to school]. (2014). Maghfirah Publications: Kuala Lumpur.
- Article published in the Second volume of the Journal of Imaginary Research, (Writefest) The University of Sheffield. February 2017. Ethnic minority voices: the waterfront dwellers.
- Article published in the Fourth volume of the Journal of Imaginary Research, (WriteFest) The University of Sheffield. September 2019. Exploring the voices of underweight children: a phenomenological study
- Article published in the Doctoral Times Winter 2018 issue 18, The Newsletter for Doctoral Researchers, The University of Sheffield. Juggling motherhood and distance learning during a PhD.
- Article published in the 21st Edition of the White Rose Social Sciences DTP newsletter; DTP Matters (Online), 2019. On attending the recent Sheffield Institute of Education Conference at Sheffield Hallam University
- JUE 100 (Preparatory English) 2020- present
- JUE 200 (English 1) 2020- present
- JUR 101 (Etika Profesional) 2020- present
PhD candidate (ongoing)
2-Fauziyah Md Aris
- Scholarship recipient of Ministry Of Education Malaysia, B.Ed. TESL Twinning Program (2004-2009)
- Scholarship Recipient of Academic Staff Training Scheme (ASTS) for PhD. (2016-2019).
- Certified in Level 3 Award, in Teaching Phonics (Higher Distinction) by Oplex Carriers. (2018).
- Editorial Board Members of Shanlax International Journal of Education. (2021 - present)
- Reviewer for International Journal of Learning, Teaching and Educational Research - (2021 – present)
- Reviewer for International Journal of Evaluation and Research in Education – (2022-present)
- Reviewer for Unisia: Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities- (2022- present)
- Speaking Buddy of Secondary School Students of KRIM (a local NGO) – (2021)
- Reviewer for Journal of Advanced Research in Social and Behavioral Sciences- (2019)
Participation in Seminar:
- Trustworthiness in qualitative research. E-Penang International Conference of Education and Social Science (e-PICESS) 7th September, 2021. School of Educational Studies USM, Penang. (Virtual Presentation).
- “I use a pizza box to help my child with reading”. Parental Involvement and Home Reading Practices of ESL Struggling Readers. 2nd International Conference on Language Education and Culture İstanbul, Medipol University, Turkey, 27th -29th June, 2019.
- Research paradigm and the philosophical foundations of a qualitative study, 5th ICRTEL 2018 – International Conference on Research in Teaching, Education & Learning, The National University of Singapore Society, 14th 15th November 2019. (In Absentia Presentation)
- Exploring Malay ESL struggling readers' reading experiences. White Rose DTP 7th Annual Conference, The Ron Cooke Hub, The University of York. 19th June 19, 2018. (Poster presentation).
- Exploring ESL children's learning experiences by using drawing method; a pilot study. Seminar: Innovative Perspectives and Methodologies for Researching with Children, The University of Sheffield, 1st June 2017.
- Emotional Intelligence and Akhlak among Muslim Adolescents in one of the Islamic Schools in Johor, South Malaysia. 4th World Conference on Psychology, Counseling and Guidance, Istanbul Kultur University, Istanbul, Turkey. 24th -26th May, 2013.
- Member of Teaching and Education Research Association (TERA) - Lifetime membership
- Member of Qualitative Research Association of Malaysia (QRAM) (2021 - present)