Dr. Chow Sheat Fun
Dr. Chow Sheat Fun
Phone : 04-653 3629
Fax : 04-657 6000
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Trauma and Literature, Women’s Autobiographies, Asian American Women’s Writings, Postcolonial Literature
- Ph.D. (Literature), Universiti Sains Malaysia
- Master in Arts (Literature), Universiti Sains Malaysia
- BA English Language Studies with Education, Universiti Sains Malaysia
Key Research Area:
- Trauma and Literature
- Women’s Autobiographies
- Asian American Women’s Writings
- Postcolonial Literature
- Chow, Sheat Fun, Strategic Ambiguities: Rewriting Identity in Le Ly Hayslip's When Heaven and Earth Changed Places in Women’s Studies: An Interdisciplinary Journal, 43 (6), August 2014.
- Chow, Sheat Fun, “Unveiling the Elusive ‘Truth’ in Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Afizi” in Sarjit Kaur & Shakila Abdul Manan (eds), Contemporary Perspectives in English Language Studies, Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia, 2013, p 249-266.
- Chow, Sheat Fun, “Of Ghosts and Hauntings: Contesting the Meanings of a Nation in Comfort Woman By Nora Okja Keller”, Chen, Dan (ed), International Proceedings of Economics Development and Research, Vol 58, 2012.
- Chow Sheat Fun, Silences that Speak in Selected Novels of Shashi Deshpande, Penerbit USM, 2009.
- Chow, Sheat Fun, Reading Silences in Asian Women’s Narratives, Proceedings in First International Language Learning Conference, USM, Penang, 2004.
- Chow, Sheat Fun, The Dark Holds No Terrors – Reconstitution of Self Through Reliving the Past in Journal of Humanities, Jld./Vol. 8, October 2001, USM.
- JMK 417E New Literatures in English from the Asia Pacific
- JMK 315E Selected Works of African Modern Literature
- JMK 219E Selected Works of Asian Classical Literature
- JMK 420 Research Project in Literature
- JMK 319 Proposal Writing for Literature
- Excellent Service Award USM 2004
- Associate Member of KANITA (Centre of Research on Women), USM (since 2004)
- Academic Visitor at University of York, United Kingdom from Oct 2013 - May 2014