Dr. Khauthar Ismail
Telefon : 04-653 3939
Faks : 04-6576000
Emel : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. (Sociology) 2017, College of Social Sciences, School of Social and Political Sciences, University of Glasgow.
- Master of Human Sciences (Sociology) 2011, International Islamic University Malaysia (UIA)
- B.Sc. of Human Sciences (Hons) 2008, International Islamic University Malaysia (UIA)
Key Research Area:
- Ethnicity studies
- Post-colonial studies
- Digital Society
- Urban sociology
- Historical sociology
- Principal Investigator (Internal Grant – USM Short Term Grant) RM16,978: Ethnicity and everyday Life: A case study of Chinese Kelantanese. Effective date from 1st February 2020 until 31st January 2022 (ACTIVE).
- Co-researcher (External Grant, UiTM) RM5,000: Understanding public participation in decision making in economic and development programme in Malaysia: How could Arnstein‟s ladder of participation contribute? Effective date from 15 December 2020 to 14 December 2022 (ACTIVE).
- Co-researcher (Internal Grant – Geran Penyelidikan Akademik di Bawah Projek Khas TNCAA Tahun 2021, USM) RM10,000: The Backwash Effect of Online Assessment on Universiti Sains Malaysia Effective date: 11 Februari 2021 - 11 Februari 2022 (ACTIVE).
- Co-researcher (External Grant, WOU IRI/2017/0026) RM11,800: Self-Directed Learning Readiness, Internet Self-Efficacy and Preferences towards Constructivist Internet-Based Learning Environments amongst Distance Learners in Wawasan Open University (WOU) and Public University in Penang (COMPLETED).
- Ismail, K. (2021). Ethnic Boundaries and Class Consciousness within the Malaysian Employment Sector. Intellectual Discourse, 29(1), 207-229.
- Ismail, K. (2020). Imperialism, Colonialism and their Contribution to the Formation of Malay and Chinese Ethnicity: An Historical Analysis. Intellectual Discourse, 28 (1), 71–193.
- Ismail, K. (2018), Challenges and Opportunities Faced by an Insider Researcher in Malaysian Ethnicity Studies: A Literature Review, e-Bangi, 15(4), 117-125.
- Ismail, K. (2018). Ethnic boundaries and everyday understanding: The case of Malay and Chinese parental choice of National and National Type School in Peninsular Malaysia, Geografia: Malaysian Journal of Society and Space, 14(4), 1-12
- Bok. G.I. & Ismail, K. (2018). Reimagining Women's Role in Gender-specific Policies, KANITA International Conference Procceedings on Gender Studies 2018.
- Ismail, K. (2016). “We are Malay, they are Chinese, but we are all Malaysian: A label that is beyond identity”. Annual Conference British Sociological Association (BSA) on Global Societies, Fragmenting and Connecting. Aston University, Birmingham, UK. 6th – 8th April, 2016.
- Ismail, K. (2015). Ethnic Identity Formation among Malaysian Female in Penang, Malaysia: A comparative study between Malays and Chinese. Annual Conference British Sociological Association (BSA) on Societies in Transition. Glasgow Caledonian University, Scotland, UK. 15th – 17th April, 2015.
- Ismail, K. (2013). Ethnic relationship between Malays and Chinese in Malaysian context. Citizenship and Belonging: A Postgraduate Conference (BSA-sponsored). University of Nottingham, UK. 25th – 26th March, 2013.
- JKJ 203 Falsafah Sains Sosial (Shared course; 2019 onwards)
- JKA 317 Falsafah Penyelidikan Sosial (2017 onwards)
- JKA 321 Agama dan Hubungan Sosial (2017 onwards)
- JKA 421E Research Proposal and Report Planning Method (Coordinator; 2017 onwards)
- JKA 515E Project: Selected Social Issues (Shared course; 2018 onwards)
- JKA519 Budaya dan Komuniti Ruang Siber (2020 onwards)